1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best website for drivers uppdate...??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lossitallet, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lossitallet

Lossitallet Thread Starter

Hi.
    I have a little problem.. The only place i found to download drivers for my hardware (bios, chipset, cpu...etc.etc) is www.packardbell.com but their drivers are from the stoneage.

If i look at Intels supported downloads i dont find any of my drivers?!?!
    My computer is 2 years old and all the drivers i found is from middleage?! ;)

The link below shows what i have in my computer + a Nvidia 7900 but it has a new driver from their homepage!!

http://support.packardbell.com/se/item/index.php?m=home&pn=PB13301291

And a view from Everest ( if i manage to get it in the post.. ;)

View attachment Everest-view from overall-view.txt

View attachment Everest-view from overclockingmode.txt

If someone could help me would be so nice... Im so thankfull..

Best regards
    //Andreas

ps. Excuse my bad english... Not my 1st language as you probobly can see... ;);)

2. Sponsor

3. veterangamer

veterangamer

the best driver isnt always the newest, but try SOFTPEDIA they have a lot of beta releases and brand new drivers the day they are out, a lot of them are never really publicized by the manufacturers either, which means nvidia could have come out with 3 or 4 drivers that havent made it to t heir website

4. deaglestudent

deaglestudent

If you have Everest you should have a direct link to all the drivers download pages on each screen that you open. Unless the Everest that you have is not registered I guess, I have it complete and it tells you where to get every single driver and wich version of the driver do you have.

Just follow the links and you'll be set.

5. Lossitallet

The links that everest gives me always sends me to a "pay for the driver download"
    site (like esupport) or it sends me to intel and it is, with my knowledge, d*mn hard to find supported drivers... Ex: My chipset is an Intel Grantsdale 915PM ´(But it says i915P on PB:s síte??? God i hate beeing an idiot-nooob!!! Have looked on Intels downloadsite for hours and every driver has a different ending compared to mine. (have tried them anyway but they dont match?)

Veterangamer: My drivers between 4-7 years old. I dont really know but aint that a little bit to old?? Will try softpedia and look in this tread tonight after work... Thanks alot for your caring..

BR
    Andreas

6. Striker840

Striker840

Why are you wanting to replace the drivers??
    Is something not working properly?

If everything works, I would not start messing with the BIOS and other drivers.
    I have seen too many pc's take a hard dump after somebody (a guy I work with) started messing with the bios and drivers.

7. Lossitallet

Im not gonna "MESS" with my bios and other settings. Its locked from the start...

There is reasons that updates is availble... I wanna have fresh drives so my computer gonna work propely even in the future... Agree...??
    Or a you using win95?? ;);)
    You have to agree that there must have been some progress in the tecnology for the last 5 - 10 years..?

THanks anyhow the time... ;);)

/Andreas

8. bigbear

bigbear

Updated drivers are revised originals to correct known problems.
    Installing the latest drivers is not necessarily going to make a difference to your system.
    If the original drivers work then stick with them

9. Striker840

Striker840

You said your PC is only 2 years old and as BigBear stated, updating drivers will not make a difference UNLESS your having issues.

BTW, I am a SysAdmin/Network Tech supporting a network running server 2003, exchange 2007, over 100 desktops/laptops plus my own side business building and repairing laptops and desktops.

10. deaglestudent

deaglestudent

The drivers from intel usually has and "i" at the beggining of the name to identify Intel that is it.
    I couldn't see the Everest pics that you posted so...

Please specify one by one the hardware parts of your comp., and I'll give you the direct links for it... If I find any of it.

Also get this utility from intel... it'll help you.... hxxp://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldId=11691&lang=eng

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/585388

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice