1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Wireless Channel?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by c0rrup, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. c0rrup

c0rrup Thread Starter

What is the recommended channel I should use?

2. tek guy

tek guy

I don't think that there's a recommended channel for wireless connection? But you can try all the channel from 1 to 11 and then monitor your connection and to check what will be the best channel for your network?

3. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Best non-overlapping channels are 1, 6 and 11. Which is the best for where you are? That depends on where you are. Use your wireless radio to find out which of the above three channels are used the least. That's your best channel.

Courtney

4. c0rrup

c0rrup Thread Starter

Yeah Im on 11 ATM, working good, all other routers are 6. But why does channel 1 interfere with my phone?

5. reezin14

reezin14

Most wireless devices run at 2.4GHz anyway, so maybe your phone is running on channel 1.If you have the phones manual take a look in there to see how to switch the channel.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644421

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice