Best Wireless Channel?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
I don't think that there's a recommended channel for wireless connection? But you can try all the channel from 1 to 11 and then monitor your connection and to check what will be the best channel for your network?

Best non-overlapping channels are 1, 6 and 11. Which is the best for where you are? That depends on where you are. Use your wireless radio to find out which of the above three channels are used the least. That's your best channel.

Courtney

c0rrup

Yeah Im on 11 ATM, working good, all other routers are 6. But why does channel 1 interfere with my phone?

c0rrup said:
Yeah Im on 11 ATM, working good, all other routers are 6. But why does channel 1 interfere with my phone?
Most wireless devices run at 2.4GHz anyway, so maybe your phone is running on channel 1.If you have the phones manual take a look in there to see how to switch the channel.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online