1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best wireless router - range/speed/cost

Discussion in 'Networking' started by xenocide72, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xenocide72

xenocide72 Thread Starter

I currently have one of the earliest models of the Linksys Access Point WAP 11 hooked up to my 4 port wired Linksys Router BEF which I use just for my laptop. I have cable intenet right now and am using Power Line adapters with my wired router for my other computers. However, I find them to be finicky with my new home's wiring though and they seem to break easily. I was thinking about going totally wireless. One problem is that my access point barely can put out a signal going up one story in my home. My question is should I put out about $30 buck for a used Linksys range booster or just get a new Wireless Router to use for all my computers. If so will the range be appreciatively better? What kind of speeds can I get? What router would give me the best bang for my buck? (I don't need anything super crazy over-the-top).

2. midders

midders Account Closed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/810257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice