1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best Wireless Router w/o Budget

Discussion in 'Networking' started by byon, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. byon

byon Thread Starter

I'm looking for brands like linksys, 3com, smc, compex, i-connect, etc... not sure which one of these 11Mbps router performs the best in all areas.. (signal, tranmission, etc)

2. Justice1

Justice1

3. l8rsk8r

l8rsk8r

I recently bought a Belkin Wireless router ($154) and have been pretty happy with its performance. Easy to install and configure and it broadcasts a fairly decent range (could be better, could be worse). Just my two cents. Happy networking :D

l8rsk8r

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

$154 for a Belkin Router? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just picked up the D-Link DI-614+ wireless router for $15 after rebates, a little more in the ballpark. :) $154 seems a mite in the expensive side, especally for a company that just repackages things...

5. l8rsk8r

l8rsk8r

$15 after rebates huh?.... maybe I need to take some shopping advice for you :) Well the $154 did also include a Belkin wireless card. Did you buy on the net?

-l8rsk8r

6. JohnWill

Yep, my $15 special was mail-order from Office Depot. It started out at $80, and with a $15 coupon and $50 in rebates, it ended up being $15, free shipping. :D As far as wireless PCMCIA cards, I have several of those that I paid less than $10 for, ditto a couple of wireless USB adapters. :)

7. l8rsk8r

l8rsk8r

Thanks johnwill :D Now I kinda feel like I've been ripped off. :mad: Oh well, should have shopped around I guess. Guess its a good idea to ask the members here for some info before making a purchase like that. Will keep that in mind for next time. Happy Networking! :D

-l8rsk8r

8. JohnWill

With all the rebates that have been offered recently, there's no reason to pay anything close to full price for computer gear. Every machine here, seven of them, has a high speed CD-RW drive, lots of memory, and big hard disks. They were all purchased for pennies on the dollar over the going prices. :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice