1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best/Worst Brands

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by defscarlett, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. defscarlett

defscarlett Thread Starter

List the best and worst brands for each product

PSUs
    Motherboards
    CPUs
    RAM
    Graphics Cards
    HDDs
    Optical Drives
    Input Devices

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Mob anf graphic cards has to be BFG. Brillianr products, and the stock overclockng is great- can also recommend the warranty. Any prob, they replace - from reporting problem to new GPU was 6 days for me, pretty damn good!

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Mobo- ASUS, DFI, also have done well with MSI and Chaintech.

CPU- I have always like AMD, personally.

RAM- Samsung makes most of the RAM you buy, and you can get good RAM cheap that route. Kingston, PNY, OCZ, Mushkin, Crucial... oh the list goes on! Just stay away from brands like Elixer.

Graphics cards, I prefer ATIs boards and Saphire has treated me good time and again.

HDDs- Seagate, then WD, then Samsung. I won't ever buy a Maxtor again, even if they are owned by Seagate now.

Optical, all about equal, most are rebadged something or the other anyway.

Input, Microsoft and Logitech.

4. Ariesjill

Ariesjill Banned

OMG! Se above re Samsung makes most of the ram we buy?

I was having major ram confusionin another thread....came upon this re Samsung on my own and a lovely, well meaning member who shared Samsung ram sucks....got V upset at the links I posted both of which said this!

I am right now waiting for sticks fromCrucial for this go to Optiplex....DDR2....but the post in question was to max out my backup Opti using DDR. And after exhausting myself, I ended up wanting Samsung sticks I found for excellent price....but got nothing cause of the confusion.

Thanks U for this post!:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/665426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice