1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Best/Worst RPG you've played?

Discussion in 'Games' started by AbsentMindedProf, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf Thread Starter

I'm an old time D&D player. (From back when the original three book box set came out in the late '70s.) I've played a number of D&D style RPGs over the years that I've had a 'puter, and am interested in what games others play/have played. What RPGs do you play, and which wouldn't you touch with a ten foot cyber-pole? :D

Eric M

2. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Console/computer RPGs, or PnP?

My present favourite CRPG is Lunar: Silver Star for the Sega CD and later re-released on PSX. For computer, it's Fallout one and two, followed by the FPS/RPG hybrid System Shock. (y)

PnP, favourite is Paranoia. :D

Worst Console RPG I've ever played would have to be Eternal Ring for PS2. It was an FPRPG and was rather dull. I haven't killed so many crabs in my life.

For PC, I can't really say for sure what the worst one was. I block bad PC games from memory. But Daikatana bills itself as an FPS/RPG hybrid, so I'll go with that. ;)

PnP worst would have to be a particular Call of Cthulhu session which I shan't speak of here. ;)

3. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

WHAT! Fallout beat out System Shock?

I prefer single player RPGs first I would put Morrowind followed by Fallout 2 and Oblivion

Can't really think of any RPGs that I have truly hated playing though so I'm a bit stumped at picking my worse.

4. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Barely, Darque. Barely. ;)

Planescape: Torment is high up there too.

PS: Didn't recognize you with the new Avatar! :p

5. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

Thats just there untill we beat Dallas on sunday :D

6. Doom_Machine

Doom_Machine

i really liked oblivion to an extent, in some ways it was dissapointing but its hard for me to get into most rpg's

fable was another good one and before that years ago it was FF7, nowadays i dont like any rpg if its not first person and even then i'm picky

i think zelda on nes was the first one i ever played

wasnt there a D&D game that was first person perspective on the old atari 2600 or something like that?

7. rylan90

rylan90

World of Warcraft is a must try game, same with Diablo 2 (expansion)(y)

I think the New Gaunlet 7 Sorrows is a horrible game, it is over in mear hours and is extremely boring.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/501466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice