beta to vhs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dadsq

how do I convert betamax to vhs. I've tried all I know (logically)
without results.

I don't have a beta machine, but presumably you do; what about chaining the two: beta vcr to vhs vcr and see if you can get a tape to play to the TV, then just pop a vhs tape into the vhs player and tape away...might experience some degradation, but might work....

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Connect the Betamax A/V out to the VCR's A/V in jacks, hit play on the BM and record on the VCR. Also make sure the VCR is set to record from the correct source(inputs) - set the VCR to the RCA input or 00 or Input # - depending on the VCR. The VCR manual will help.

I did this several years ago with good results; after all the betamax does care where its signal is going, and the VCR doesn't care where its signal is coming from.

dadsq

been there and back and all I get is static. As I said--can go from beta to tv--ok. Beta out to vcr in=zip/beta ant to vcr= zip. beta to tv w/ splitter to vcr=zip. Also have tried 3 vcr's. Do I need to go to disk? Hate te to buy one on a chance.

Using the coax beta vcr out to vhs vcr in will not work. You need to use the RCA video ot and video in connections just like recording from a camcorder. I don't remember if the beta had RCA connectors.

F

Foamer

Also be aware... in certain cases you may need to use a TBC... "Time Base Corrector"

This would remove most of the degradation experienced in analog video copying and straiten out any rolling and artifacts of any tape being copied.

Not readily available to the public though I fear. And plan to spend some money for one.

dadsq

I think you hit it. Beta is not RCA, but wire, and the vhs is RCA. The TCB just might be the trick. So far, that's the most logical solution. Hopefully there's ebay. Thanks for the direction!

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
My Beta had RCA inputs/outputs and I had no trouble connecting the RCA out from the Beta to the RCA in on my VCR to dub the tapes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!