Better bios for HP Brio with Asus Board?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrbrownstone

I have a HP Brio D6920E which has an Asus P2898-XV motherboard. Which is a stripped down P2B-F. Is there any way that I could put a P2B-F BIOS on the system instead of the aweful HP one?

Thanks for your help
mrbrownstone

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It's quite likely that you'd come to grief, and it's also likely that if you load the different BIOS and decide it doesn't work correctly, there'll be no way back.

I'd live with the HP BIOS, what's the big problem with it?

crjdriver

While it is possible, it is above the tech level of most people. You need to mod the actual bios file with an editor. I have done this in the past, however I would not recommend you doing so. One small error in editing and you have a boat anchor instead of a mb.

If you want to overclock, buy a real asus, epox, abit, mb. Do not try and make an hp overclock.

mrbrownstone

OK. Thanks for the advice. I won't do that. I was actually going to underclock it :p but i'll just have to use the fsb jumper to take it down to 66 instead of 100.

crjdriver

That is a pretty serious underclock. Are you having overheating and or stability problems?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online