Better fire wall?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrss

The above link only recommends the paid version of Online Armor and states they haven't looked at the free one. I use both versions and you give up very little with the free one.

A number of the tests I've seen other than the above also claim that Comodo will catch stuff that Zone Alarm free will pass, but Zone Alarm Pro is supposedly very good.

As far as pay vs free, it's like crash helmets for bikers and motorsports. How important is your head, and how important is your identity and data?

atnskyline

Banned
hellbound, i have had both and i am happy to say that comodo is much better and higher rated. it is free and rated best firewall by almost every computor magazine and download site

I have run a number of firewalls, including ZA Free, ZA (not free versions), and Comodo and find the not free ZA versions to my liking.

I will have to agree with atnskyline about Comodo.I have tried different firewalls, but Comodo seems to be the best for my needs. Have been using their Personal Firewall, but have now switched to their Comodo Internet Security (firewall and antivirus combined.It's a good package worth considering and it's free.

atnskyline

Banned
yes i have CIS too, very effective. i think comodo is one of if no the best security makers for windows and they are free. they have have tons of great products. za sucks.

I would not personally use the free ZoneAlarm firewall as the last time I looked at it it did not include outbound program checking; however, the entire line of non-free ZoneAlarm firewall products do include the outbound program checking.

I had significant problems with Comodo when it was introduced and I will simply not risk trying it again.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
I would not personally use the free ZoneAlarm firewall as the last time I looked at it it did not include outbound program checking
Not sure why you say that, ZA free has (from day one) included outbound program detection?

I personally use Comodo, but I have used Zone Alarm for a period before switching. Was always good protection. My problem with it( although it may have been my configuration settings ) was that it kept asking about this and that program. Too protective.ZA has always ranked in the upper slots in every poll taken about firewalls.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online