1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Better Mobo?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by krak_killz, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krak_killz

krak_killz Thread Starter

2. Kenny Gates

Kenny Gates

i would choose the evga mobo.

3. johnsonwk2

johnsonwk2

At a quick glance the 2 differences I see are the ASUS has more RAID options for you (0 1 and 5) but the EVGA only has (0 and 1). But the EVGA has 6 SATA ports to ASUSs 4. Their is not a big difference so it is really just what brand you want to go with.

I have no experience with EVGA for motherboards (just their cards). But I have built and worked on a lot of ASUS boards and they are pretty top notch.

EDIT: - Just noticed that the ASUS has the new North Bridge chip so that is what I'd go with.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

I wouldn't consider either one. Nvidia chipsets are not proven for Intel processors and Intel chipsets are definitely the best for these.

5. krak_killz

krak_killz Thread Starter

I would get a Intel mobo if they had a model that supports SLI.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice