1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Better read that new book fast.

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by dustyjay, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay Thread Starter

2. luvmikaelataylor

luvmikaelataylor

That's just insane that there are well-respected people that are praising the idea. I don't think this is how books should operate in this world of iPads and Kindles.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Dave Trusted Advisor

Another money grabber.
    Not satisfied with ripping us off once, they want to repeat it.
    I suspect no-one will buy them until the publishers give no choice and then there will be complaints about people getting hold of ripped versions like there are films now. Everyone will lose.

4. dustyjay

90% of all my recreational reading is done on my Kindle. The rest are periodicals that I could read on my Kindle, but the illustrations are not satisfying so I go with a hard copy of those. I do own several hard copy books that I re-read at times, it would really upset me If I went to open one of these up to find 400 pages of blank paper. Not to mention that there have been some books that have taken me more than 2 months to read. Granted most of my books are Paperback (The cost of most Hardbound books I feel are outrageous), but suppose I buy a repair manual for my car that is printed using this process, then find out I have to spend an additional $25 to $45 when I have to Do the brakes 3 months after I purchased the book. Can we all say "Class Action" against the Publishers?

5. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Which opens a new problem for a new solution to make more money.
    How about a new spray that reactivates disappearing ink?
    Or a light?

6. dustyjay

They would just come up with a way for the paper to disintegrate after 2 months in answer to that sort of solution. Thus also adding to the cost for clean up of resulting mess.

7. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor

How long do you think it will be before they're selling books at a higher price for not disappearing?

8. dustyjay

Publishers are already trying to charge more for books in any format. I can see it though, that because of this new technology, they are probably going to double the price of books that disappear before you have thoroughly enjoyed them. Then again they just might offfer a version of the same book in non disappearing format for twice the cost of the disappearing version. I do not trust them at all.

9. dustyjay

There is only reference to one publisher in Argentina who is working on publishing new authors this way.

10. ekim68

ekim68 Mike

As an aside:

Your E-Book Is Reading You

:eek:

11. dustyjay

Speaking of Kindles. My daughters Kindle seems to have died today. Working fine yesterday can only get to the Kindle Reset Screen today:( and only 1 month after the warranty expired.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058938