1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Beware of emails that has *been returned* to you (Mail Sub Delivery System)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Couriant, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    James
    I don't know if anyone has the same issue, but I have been receiving emails with Mail Sub Delivery System or similar in the heading. They also have attachments with them (.PIF files or a email letter with Happy humor Allhallowmas or just Allhowamas, which are viruses) and the email address I seem to *Have sent it to* is some screwed up address from Yahoo or some other unknown provider. Now I seem to get at least 20 of these emails. Anyone that get theses, just delete them and check to see if you have any viruses or worms that could cause them. Since I have Earthlink, their support team said to send the emails to the abuse department (or to whichever ISP you have).

Having said that, does anyone know what is causing it and how to stop them?

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

think it's just the fall out from the swen and other viruses - they get bounced, it goes to the 'return' email - which is spoofed, that person bounces them etc etc

i've been cleaning out my yahoo box 2-3 times a day from those emails, been a week or more so far (glad i don't use it for real emailing ;))

probably just take some time for the [email protected] things to run their course

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    James
    hope so, still getting these stupid emails, even with the .pif files still attached.

4. cammi

cammi

im not sure about this case, but sometimes that always happens though if you have a virus.. or you open it and it keeps returning. find the anti virus patch and remove it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice