1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bf2 black screen crash to desktop fix

Discussion in 'Games' started by tbruv, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbruv

tbruv Thread Starter

Hei everyone i have found another solution to the bf2 black screen crash to desktop problem. I installed the game and updated the game to v1.5. After that i launched the 1.41 patch. And voila everything works great and it still got the v1.5 after that you run 1.41. if you get a message that a newer version is installed when you are running the bf2 patch 1.5 go to regedit and search for battlefield. there you vil see some strings like locale,languade,installdir etc. add a new string callled version and enter 1.41 in the string and i will work.

hope this helps.

This was tested with win 7 x64

please reply if this helps you guys, and if it dont work, reply that to and i will se what i can do too help you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/923391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice