BF2 Crashing Problems Solved!!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mattie77

Hey Guys, Well it seems that alot of people are having crashing problems. I was until after a day of screwing around I found out that BF2 is NOT compatible with Windows XP Service pack 2 (EA Games even admit this).

Why they would release a game that isnt is beyond me. They say that they are working on the problem. I uninstalled SP2 through Add/Remove programs in Control Panel, I had to install some drivers after doing this. But after that BF2 runs perfect.

So although you will have lower security on your computer, BF2 will work. Do this at YOUR OWN RISK!!!.

Well done EA GAMES for such a screw up!!!!!!! :mad:

I run battlefield 2 with service pack 2 installed just fine. I don't doubt that it worked for you as i have seen many other posts where people don't have any issues with various programs when running service pack 2(mostly with AMD64's).

I just wanted to point this out because it may not work for everybody.

ok so u say that after u remove sp2 u had to install some drivers. could u tell me what drivers u had to install and how to install them cuz i have no idea how to.

thanks

Couriant

James
Mattie:

Well done EA GAMES for such a screw up!!!
Everyone knows that's what EA LAMES is all about... screwing things up, like C&C technical support... in fact.... all technical support :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online