bf2 graphics problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gencc3

ok, so this is kinda like to questions in one.

First off, does anyone else get like hardware lag while playing? like you'll just turn and the game lags. I've noticed it more in bf2:sf (the expansion). It usually only does that for a short time though. however, it can continue in random intervals. its never more than 5 secs at the max. like the beginning of a round on a map. its usually fine then on. is there anyway to get rid of these?

i have a geforce fx 6200 OC (which looks like its supposed to be unsupported but i use to have a 5200 and it worked), ~2.0 ghz processer, bf2 video settings are medium for the most part. i've reinstalled my drivers for my card. everything is up to date. i have 1 gig of memory and my card has 256 mb memory. i run the game at 800x600 @ 60 hz refresh rate. my desktop is set to 1152x864 @ 60 hz (i ran the game at my desktop settings and there was no noticable difference).

also, sometimes my monitor will go black for a second or two. then when it comes back on, my computer lags badly. but only for a few seconds. then its kinda like i have the first problem. i've noticed this in other games too however it doesn't lag in the other game.

I have BF2 and BF2 SF (and I play under the same name- 8dalejr.fan :) ) so let's see if I can help you out...

I get the 5-10s lag at the beginning of a round as soon as the map loads. It's not just you. I have a fairly high end computer too (but only a gig of RAM) and it seems to only happen with SF, so I think it's just a minor issue with the game. Nothing to be worried about, IMO.

I'm not sure why your monitor goes black for a couple seconds. That doesn't sound normal... :(

gencc3

sweet, maybe i'll see you one day. if you kill me i'll just blame it on my comp :D

i read on the tweaking guide place that bf2 has a lot of loading and it even suggested that you have two gigs of ram just because it needs a lot of memory. i wasn't worried about it, its just, i have a short amount of patience when playing bf2 so lol. when my comp gets me killed, i'm not too pleased.

i actually noticed that the sudden black screen didn't come up after defraging my hard disk and then unistalling and reinstalling my display drivers.

FYI, I mostly play on EA US servers along with Multiplay.co.uk servers (don't know why, I'm not British, but I think those servers are fun).

What really ticks me off is when I hit the button for parachute, the parachute doesn't always deploy and I go SPLAT! :p lol

The display drivers probably helped, and defragging would have only made the game load faster, so I hope things are working now.

What kind of video card do you have? How old were the old drivers?

gencc3

cool, who knows if i'll find you lol.

i had that happen yesterday. i joined this guys squad and i jumped off the building pushing the 0 and 9 buttons (because i used to play bf1942 and i'd never remember which one was right so i'd push both) like there was no tomorrow. of course the parachute doesn't come out. the squad leader died too so that didn't help lol.

things seemed ok. further "testing" is necessary.

i have a geforce fx 6200 OC. i think the drivers were conflicting with previous ones cause i didn't unistall the last ones.

I'v heard some talk about turning down the audio settings to reduce the lag at the start of game. I tryed this there seemed to be less but more gameplay will tell(y)

I think that would do it- you have to make sure you remove old video card drivers before you install new video card drivers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online