BF2 issue and STEAM issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iamthepip

ok this is my first thread and so yea lol

first off here this are my specs for my comp

xp pro "32 bit"
intel dual core 2 "2.8" not sure lol
2gigs of ddr2 800 "6400"
680i sli evga motherboard (bios updated)
8800 gts 320mb "pci-e" currently using DVI to VGA adapter and have v-sync force on

CRT dell monitor "VGA"

steam problem:
all games work great but while playing half life 2 ep1 game works great until i come accross fire then my frame rate drops to crap! until i look away and all is good also i just feel like with the stuff i have i feel like i could be pushing it further and getting better use out of it so does anyone have any tips or advice about any of that?

BF2
quick prob

just bought deluxe pack and downloaded the latest patch and now when i try starting the game the splash thing comes up screen goes black like its starting then... stops and goes back to my desktop like nothing happened lol bf2 just doesn't open anymore why?

i appreciate anyone that is willing to help :)
so thank you

-Pip

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card from www.nvidia.com installed? That's the first thing you should do.

Also, what resolution and settings is HL2 set to?

iamthepip

actually yes i did thats where i have been always getting my drivers from lol

ummm

HL2 ummm

1024-768 thats my res full screen btw

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online