Bf2: Keyboards keep locking up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mayor Quimby

This happens alot. when ever i am playing bf2, my keyboard locks up. None of the key respond. I cant even exit to the desktop. Its been happening since version 1.0. Only way i can get my keyboard to respond is by rebooting by power switch.

Also, i know the keyboard is still connected because the caplock light is usually turned on.

I think I've read about this on the Planet Battlefield Forums, although it hasn't happened to me. I think your key bindings may have somehow became corrupted.

Do the following at your own risk, but I don't think anything will happen. All your profiles are stored on EA's account servers.

Your Profiles folder only contains key bindings, graphics settings, preferences, and the like. If you know your user name, password, and email address for sure, you can go into My Documents/ Battlefield 2 and delete the stuff under "Profiles". This doesn't erase your account permanently.

There is no KNOWN way to permanently delete a BF2 account. That is why they only allow 1 email account per email address.

Go back into BF2, and under the Create Account, there is an option to retrieve an account. Fill out the form with your old user name, password, and email address, and you've got your account back on your computer.

You'll have to reset the controls though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online