1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BF2 on linux?

Discussion in 'Games' started by 8nout, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 8nout

8nout Thread Starter

Will any linux OS run BF2? Very upset right now as I reformat my "gamer" PC. Started BF2, joined server, game froze, I do cont/alt/del and restart. Get "error loading system" and XP doesn't load. Insert XP cd, try to "repair existing" and get bad file path message. Can't start in safe mode, loose patience, reformatting and must re-install all the usual stuff...aggghhhh!

Sorry. just venting I guess....

2. CDBongo

CDBongo

Windows is very unstable but is sometimes compatible with games :)
    Linux is stable but isn't compatible with any games.
    There is a program called wine that might work if you know every cryptic computer programing and coding language and have gone to school 12+ years studing computers 40+ hours a week. But if you are like me and have but limited c+ experience, or no programming experience whatsoever, getting games to run on linux (with or without wine) is practically impossible.

I would love to bite my tounge and be proven wrong however.

Anyone :)

3. 8nout

8nout Thread Starter

LOL, I get the picture! Well, my forehead has stopped bleeding from the repeated smashing into my PC so I guess I'll just keep this PC for a "gamer" and try some Linux on the laptop.

Thanks for the response...

4. CDBongo

CDBongo

I know the feeling man!
    If i could have all the hours of screwing around with the pc back, i would add years and years on to my lifespan (well, sometimes it seems that way :) )
    Good luck bro

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice