bf2 problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

courtlandhui

i start up bf2 > splash screen > black > desktop
Damn Crash!, happens every time, how can i fix this problem?

Make sure you have recent video card drivers (although the latest isn't always the greatest) and make sure your card is supported by the game.

If you do get it working, and if I get my machine working again, I have BF2. My nickname there is 8dalejr.fan... See you on the battlefield! :cool:

courtlandhui

ok, my computer works well w/ bf2, espically w/ the omega drivers. But it stopped working after i increased the agp appature size, i'll decrease it to original to see if it works.

Have you tried completely uninstalling the game and then reinstall it? Don't worry- you won't lose your stats.

Even though the 8500 should work, it's BORDERLINE, I'm betting that may be the source of your problem

Could very well be. BF2 has a list of supported cards- make sure you have one that's on it or else there's no guarantees it will work.

Well it says that the 8500 will run, but it will BARELY and that it will only work if you have a fair CPU . . .

I'm betting my money that your GPU just cant handle it with your CPU

Yeah, you should try uninstalling the game, and trying again. The same thing happened to me. After uninstalling and reinstalling it works fine.

courtlandhui

smety.... it USED to run fine... but since i got very little ram, i have to make my guy "look around" so it would store in its memory. But after that, it is smooth.

i uninstalled and reinstalled, but then it still didn't work. stupid bf2.

Ah I didn't see your RAM, how long was it working before it did this?

Try closing all your running programs that you dont need, and then playing BF2, it could be a RAM problem

courtlandhui

not a ram problem... after i installed like a couple of program (i didn't play it during that time), then i got bored after a few days, and decided to play a lil of bf2. Now i don't know which program caused the problem..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online