1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BF2142 "please insert install disc error"

Discussion in 'Games' started by Likeatalltree, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Likeatalltree

Likeatalltree Thread Starter

I just got bf2142 for xmas and it installed fine and everything. I even played it online for a couple hours. Then one day i tried to play it and it said please insert the install disc into the drive and click ok to restart. I did it like four times and yet the error persists. I reinstalled it and it worked for a couple times then it did it again like last time. I have alcohol 120 and power iso but neither are active and the game is legit! What should i do?

2. GripS

GripS

Have you tried uninstalling Alcohol 120 to see if this is the source of your issue? Could be copy protection at work here. Basically if the game see's that you have a virtual drive it will cause this kind of issue.

3. Likeatalltree

I'll try that after school tomorrow and thanks for the reply

4. Likeatalltree

Alright I guess Alcohol 120 is the problem becuase BF2142 worked after an uninstallation of Alcohol 120 and a restart of the computer! But do you know if there is a way i can play BF2142 while having A120? Is there a way i can hide it?

5. GripS

GripS

you could try disabling the virtual drive in device manager before you fire up the game.

6. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

Bf2142 does NOT work when alcohol is mucking about. It wont work with daemon tools either when you have a physical drive. On the other hand, if you disable your physical drive in device manager, you can use one daemon drive

7. Likeatalltree

I had the virtual drive disabled so it wasnt active or anything but i think the fact that i have A120 installed made it recognize that i could possibly have a virtual drive and be using it for BF2142 but thanks anyway

8. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

Ya even if it installed it wont work. Install daemon tools instead, its hassle free

9. Likeatalltree

is daemon tools free?

10. GripS

GripS

Yes it is... I feel like the conversation here is crossing the line when it come to TSG rules. Enough has been said and the problem appears to be solved.

11. Likeatalltree

I don't think it is becuase I use daemon tools for a legit reason. I prefer not to use cds so i make images and use those so i keep the cds in good condition. I'm a neat freak! Oh yeah and i used daemon tool but when i played i got kicked off every server and it said "Punkbuster" but i found a fix and i will try it now

12. Likeatalltree

Ok now i try to play it and it gives me the same message and i have Daemon tools on my computer and not A120. It gives me the put install disc is and retry. Is there anyway i can make this work?

13. GripS

GripS

Just use the game disk without daemon tools and without alcohol 120 installed. Sure daemon tools *can* be used for legit purposes. However it is well known that daemon tools is also a method for bypassing copyright protection and you are doing just that. I think your beating a dead horse with this one. You know how to get the game working. A workaround would DEFINITELY be against forum rules.

14. Likeatalltree

Bogus, well thanks for the help!

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536136

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice