1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BFG 7950gtoc 512 and Autocad Animation Issues/System setup issues

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mknight, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mknight

mknight Thread Starter

Hi all I have been trying to set up the computer for 3D animation(fully rendered) and modelling but I am trying to set it up to work as fast as it can. I am rendering a building with shadows lights etc which renders fine for pictures but takes days to render 1024*800 avi 30fps 1800frames ( yes I know thats alot but i'm trying to push the envelope). I've stripped windows down to no extra processes barebones etc. When the computer renders snimation in presentation mode i notice that processors only go to 100% when its trying to present me a realtime video image.

Heres my specs
    Handbuilt
    XP home SP2 (as im not about to switch to vista,pro etc)
    BFG 7950GTOC 512mb gddr3 PCI-e Driver 162.50 from autodesk
    intel dual core 6420 @2.13 ghz
    3gig ram (4GIG INSTALLED BUT I KNOW IT WON'T TAKE IT IN HOME) (all the same Ram info pc2 5300 cls 240-pin dimm) (model KVR667D2N5K2/2G)
    300gb sata HD MAXTOR
    Mother board is a Asus P5N32-SLI premium WI-FI AP SOLO
    I've updated 3d config with .xml file with the latest version as of today.

ANY IDEAS ON BEEFING UP MY COMPUTER THROUGH BIOS OC DOFTWARE ETC ETC?

AS WELL OUR OFFICE MAY BE PLANNING ON MOVING TO 2008 i DO SEE THAT THIS WILL THIS HELP THIS CARD BUT I DON'T THINK IT WILL IMPROVE ITS PERFORMANCE ANY MORE THAN IT IS NOW

For furture considerations given the mobo and the other specs can you tell me maybe a better configuration and maybe even card types or better processing power?

I am aware I can do a pentium quad processor.

I am also looking to do better in the video card department later on. What is the best cards (price range 900-2000 and 300-900). I know quadro fits the bill but which one, what Am i looking for when I'm buying one etc etc.

Also I notice a lot of dell quadros for sale on ebay anything to be aware of?

Also not being an expert on ram is the ram causing me grief in any way?

Is there any way to set up the ram properly in the bios menu?

I know I can take advantage of the 4 gigs but im not about to switch to any new os as they have too many bugs and 64-bit OS are extremely hard to find drivers.

Oh an I plan on sticking with this system right now as it's more a cost thing than anything else at the moment.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698580

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice