1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BFG nvidia 8500 GT graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coolguy211, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolguy211

coolguy211 Thread Starter

ON my BFG graphics card there is an HDTV TV OUT port on it. It also came with an HDTV breakout cable. I have an Xbox 360 Elite and there are 2 sets of audio video cables. The RED,WHITE,YELLOW cable and the BLUE,GREEN,RED HD cable. The colours on the HDTV breakout cable match the colours on the XBOX's HD cables so i figured they mite work. Do any of you know if i will be able to connect my Xbox 360 to my flat screen monitor?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The Blue, Red and Green cables are component video cards, capable of carrying a HD signal. The Red and White of the other cable are for the left and right audio channels, and the Yellow is composite video, good for non HD signals.

If you are trying to use the cables to connect the computer or the XBOX to a TV or to a monitor that has component or composite connections on the back of it then they will work with either device.

But if you are trying to connect the XBOX through the computer to display on the monitor then that won't work. You'd need to have a video card or separate PCI card that supports TV input not just output.

3. coolguy211

coolguy211 Thread Starter

okay i understand.....thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/672595

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice