1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bi-directional support.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JakeTheFake, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JakeTheFake

JakeTheFake Thread Starter

I have a odd situation that has mystified me regarding a printer.

I am running two PCs side-by-side, both are using Win 7. The printer is a Kodak ESP 7 AiO. The printer is cabled to one PC whilst the other PC accesses the printer via the cabled PC. I continually receive an error message on the non-cabled PC stating that Bidirectional support is disabled, the message flashes on and off the screen every five seconds. It's very distracting. The issue here is that the bidirectional support IS enabled on both machines, both machines show a tick in the appropriate box to indicate that this is so. I am able to print from both machines without any problems. Can anyone please suggest how I am able to stop the error message flashing/appearing.

Thank you and have a nice day.

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

what happens if you connect the pc with the notification directly to the printer?

3. JakeTheFake

JakeTheFake Thread Starter

Hi CleaverX.

Thanks for taking the time to contact me.

The error msg goes away?

Have a nice day.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice