Bicycle games for Oculus Rift

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crcook84

So, I started thinking about being able to use VR with a bicycle. Obviously, game makers will probably want to try to design a stationary bike that will work in conjunction with a VR unit. However, the way I see it, it doesn't have to be that complicated. The VR game can be setup so that you just start traveling down a road. A stand-alone stationary bike can be used in conjunction with that so that you get the motion. However, nothing seems to be immediately available for the Oculus Rift (unless it's under a weird name, making it difficult to search). More so, most of the games I've found, the manufacturers have designed their own bikes.

This is what I've found thus far:
VZFit
Zwift
BKool
Rouvvy

I don't suppose there's a chance something is out there, it's just buried.

crcook84

So, I made some progress. Instead of a VR game where you move forward that works on the Oculus Rift, Virtual Desktop on Steam allows for 360 video playback. However, I have the same problem with that as I do the OMNI theater, a shift in view without a shift in perspective. 3D solves that.

crcook84

So, I, literally, stumbled across these games as I was randomly typing in search terms having to do with vr and bicycling.:
VR Fitness Gym (Cycling, Marathon, Football, etc)
VR Bike Tour/Exercise in 22nd Century World
I have to wait till later to try them out. But, this is what they're called in case anyone wants to try them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online