1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIG avi problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sup2a, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sup2a

sup2a Thread Starter

Recently i tried to play avi files through various media players and someone on this site recommended VLC however i cannot import my avi files to my mp3-4 player iriver e10 (all legal of course) and iriver+3 says an unforeseen error has occurred. I have checked if i have all the codecs and have run various programs, they all say i can play these videos. VLC works as well as Windows Movie Maker for some reason. I have been fighting with this problem for quite a while and i really want to play these files on my iriver. plz im at my wits end...techguy pimp my player...heh (the last guy that checked my hijack this log found nothing so i thought it wouldn't really be worth it)

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

My guess is that the iriver players are limited to a narrow range of formats and dimensions so even though an avi will play fine on regular media players it won't on the irivers. Have you checked on compatible video dimensions and audio channel format for example?

3. sup2a

sup2a Thread Starter

well the only format that will play on iriver is avi so it shouldn't be that

4. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

You'll need to convert avi to mp4 file if you really want to play it on the mp3/mp4 player.

5. sup2a

sup2a Thread Starter

thats not the probelm m8 iriver+3 does all the converting needed, iriver does not seem to be the problem ALL media players except VLC will NOT play avis

6. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

7. 325xi

325xi

8. Munlight

Munlight

Maybe this prog will help you :cool:

9. sup2a

sup2a Thread Starter

sorry for not repsonding was away for a while, i already have k-lite codec and divx.

10. Munlight

Munlight

ok ;) it`s good news :)

11. sup2a

sup2a Thread Starter

ahh! finally an error report! the program finally produced a report it says..."AHEM"...

AppName: iplus3.exe
    AppVer: 3.3.1.3
    ModName libavcodec.dll
    Offset: 0019c0ff

if any1 can make scene of that plz post asap! getting incredibly annoying!
    by the way if its any help my computer has a few...uhhhh problems... u see my mum has been using it and dwnloading exe files and i have been fixing it up, if it has anything to do with it im not sure

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice