1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Big frustration

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Yart, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yart

Yart Thread Starter

Running Vista and from the original installation discs tried to install two different programs, Namely "Print Artist 22 Platinum" and " Serene Scene Marine Aquarium 2" Both installations seemed to be successful and indicated that result. However there were no icons produced for the desktop and I could not get either of the programs to run.
    I produced the icons myself and even clicking those neither program would run. Am I missing something ? I am trying to uninstall both programs and try the original installation disks again. Can someone help me with this problem/ I have 1 Gig Ram originally..don't know how much I've used to date.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Print Artist is compatible, but Serene Scene is not (but the manufacturer will sell you an upgrade), according to the Microsoft Vista Compatibility site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-vista

Did you install Print Artist using an account that has administrator privileges?

3. Yart

Yart Thread Starter

Thank you so much Frank4D ! It is good to know someone is out there to help! 1/2 of my problems are solved just by knowing that Marine Aquarium is incompatible. I have administrative capabilities evidenced by having had to call on it to open certain programs. I am having difficulty uninstalling the Print Artist 22 which i first downloaded. Iam trying to reinstall all over agin on a clean slate. Do you think it will work? Thanks again.

PS. Have been computering since DOS1 and before with a computer called a PCjr which had only one 5" floppy.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice