1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Big Problem After Have Installed my CD Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by drixt, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. drixt

drixt Thread Starter

Hey there guys, I wanna tell u something strange that happened to me yesterday after formatting my system.

I was Formatting my system so when i installed my windows again, eveything was going good when suddenly right in the " Starting System that always happens after installing windows xp it reboot serial times as well "
    When the problem came up!, something weird as a message saying this phrase:

Please Select The Operating To Start:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Press ENTER to choose.

" Seconds Until highlighted choice will be Started Automatically: 27,26,25..."

For Troubleshooting and Advanced startup options for windows, press F8.

So when i red this message right in the starting windows system i said " Wha The [bleep] Is Going on "... [​IMG] i didnt know what was that and im still without knowing the issue.

NOTE:

before this happens i was using a BOOTABLE CD testing tools and stuff when i got into some tool called NORTON ... and it showed me a blue screen with serial letters and options i was pressing and doing [bleep] so i guess it has something to do with that or i dont know.

So my HELP REQUEST is :

Does anyone can help me on this problem?

I really need to know why this happened, because everytime when i reboot my system this message comes up and i dont really like that and other thing when i get into my system it shows me one error about ... i dont know but im pretty sure it has so much to do with that message, so Guys please give a hand here what can i do to delete this message and make my system, my BIOS and everything work perfectly.

I will Appreciate your help as always.
    Thank u in Advance!
    Have A Great Day.

By the way this is my file :

[boot loader]
    timeout=0
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Remember i dont want to delete my partitions because i use them , is there some way to fix this without deleting my partions ? thx(y)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Just remove one line:

[boot loader]
    timeout=0
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

3. drixt

drixt Thread Starter

and tell me something, revoming that it wont happen again ?? i mean if i format my system again it will be normal now ? or i will to do that again too. thank u !

4. drixt

drixt Thread Starter

u didnt answer my second question , please answer me . Thank u !in advanced

5. muppy03

muppy03

First Name:
    Chris
    Your second question? you say you get an error? You give no details on the error so is a bit hard for anyone to answer. Try and detail or describe it.

6. drixt

drixt Thread Starter

My bad, i was talking about my second post in this thread which i would like someone to answers me pls (y)

7. nessyguin

nessyguin

Are you asking if you format the partition will you again be asked which of two identical operating systems to load ? Quite possibly , unless you are looking to do a clean instal . A clean instal means booting from the XP CD and deleting the partition your OS is currently on before you format . Note you will lose everything currently on the partition from documents to hardware drivers to installed software ...

Or you can do what Elvandil suggested if you want to get rid of the duplicate OS message and carry on as you are without format/reinstal .

8. drixt

drixt Thread Starter

So basically ur telling me to delete my partitions to rid the OS message ?
    mmmm, is there another way to do this ? if there isnt a different way well i guess i have to do it.thx(y)

9. nessyguin

nessyguin

Another option would be to right-click My Computer/Properties/Advanced . Click Settings under Startup and Recovery . Under System Startup reduce the time to display operating systems to 1 second or whatever you prefer . That doesnt stop the dual OS message but XP will begin to load in one second ...

In summary Elvandil's suggestion to edit the boot.ini file is the easy fix .

Deleting the partition and formatting/reinstalling XP is the long way round (I wouldnt bother doing that on my own PC unless there were issues but would do if I were working on someone else's machine just to be sure it was nickety-split when I handed it back to them)

Changing the time to display operating systems is the lazy way as it doesnt repair anything but ignorance is sometimes bliss if the machine is otherwise running fine .

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice