1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Big Problem! Need Help ASAP!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SemiX5, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SemiX5

SemiX5 Thread Starter

I'll try to explain this to the best of my knowledge. I'm not very good with computers, hence why I'm posting here.

I have 2 main hard drives, c: and h:. here is the information for both.

Local Disk (C:)
    File System: NTFS
    Free Space: 386MB (Just cleaned it)
    Total Size: 5.29GB

Local Disk (H:)
    File System: NTFS
    Free Space: 147GB
    Total Size: 148GB

The problem is that EVERYTHING I do is decreasing the space on the Local C: drive. By everything, I mean surfing the web, downloading, anything. I have to constantly clean it because it decreases so fast. If I remember right, I think it said something about it being a recovery disk or something.

If you know how I can somehow get stuff to start storing on the H: drive, it would be greatly appreciated. Please give detailed step-by-step instructions.

Thanks.

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I would say you are a strong candidate to transition over to the larger hard drive with your operating system. Are these two seperate drives or partitions on the same drive? You can live on a 5.29 gig partition but all the things you would have to do to make enough room to be comfortable are fairly involved and then you would have a customized system that you'd always have to remember was set up differently so things were in different locations and had different behaviors in some cases.

Let us know which way and someone (if not me) can start you on the process either way.

3. artimus

artimus

Here you go.. Take your pick. I use Nortons myself but either one should work. Unless you have a very old computer I can't see you having two hard drives with one just being 6 GB..

If that's the case you need to load windows on the bigger drive.. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,2156570,00.asp

4. SemiX5

SemiX5 Thread Starter

I want to say they are separate, but i can't be 100% sure. Here's a picture of all of my drives.

[​IMG]

5. padutch

padutch

GO to this URL http://www.vnunet.com/articles/download/2201414 and download the trial version of Paragon
    hard disk manager . It will tell you if you have one HD or 2 . If you have one HD with 2 partitions you can use
    the program to resize your partitions .

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice