1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Big Problem, Need Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DJStaley, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJStaley

DJStaley Thread Starter

Ok, I was playing a game on my computer (Battlefield 1942). Suddenly, my whole computer freezes, I can't do anything, there is nothing left to do except hitting the power switch to turn it off. That's exactly what I do. I turn my computer on, everything is going fine, until the screen where it asks you if you want to Start Your Computer Normally, Start It Using the Last Good Cofiguration, etc... I choose to Start Your Computer Normally. I do that, and it goes to the Windows XP Professional Loading Screen, and it seems like its going fine. After about 6-7 seconds a blue screen shows up for about a fourth of a second, and there was no time to read it, but with good timing, I took a picture of it with my digital camera. It says that this maybe was caused by new hardware installed in my computer, and I just bought Battlefield 1942. I restart my computer again, and it just keeps going through this cycle. I even left the computer on all night, and still nothing happened. Any help from anyone would be great at the moment! Thanks.

**NOTE**- If this in wrong forum I apologize.

2. matt52730

matt52730

"I choose to Start Your Computer Normally. I do that, and it goes to the Windows XP Professional Loading Screen, and it seems like its going fine. After about 6-7 seconds a blue screen shows up for about a fourth of a second, and there was no time to read it"

I had this exact same problem a while back when I went in and started messing with my boot screen trying to change it. If I remember right, I ended up having to get a Windows XP installation disk. You can boot up with it (if you have one) and use the repair console to fix the problem. You might want to see what the more experienced techies in here say, but if I remember right, that was the ONLY way I ever got mine to boot up. Hope this helps.

3. DJStaley

DJStaley Thread Starter

i'm hoping this works man, tahnks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice