Big problem......no mouse!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

arty62

Trying to install MSWireless mouse.....could not remove Logitec mouse/drivers, so I disabled in Device Mgr....machine still wont recog new mouse, and no way to click, etc....what can do????

arty62,

Try using your windows key to start then up, down, return and tab to navigate. 2K should recognize new hardware at boot ???

You might snoop around Here

arty62

Machine will boot to desktop....hourglass shows, mouse wont move...arrow,tab,etc dont work....tried usb mouse, and ps2 but neither work....

arty62

Alright...got old mouse working(Microsoft Optical) but shows as Logitec in device mgr using logitec driver....problem is that I bought a MS wireless and want to install...directions say to uninstall other mice/drivers first...when I did last time, result was logitec wouldnt uninstall (didnt try in safe mode though)...new mouse is usb only....I'm not sure how to do this?

Right click My Computer, click Properties, click Device Manager. OOPS, NO mouse? No Problem

Mouseless Maneuvering 101

Hold down Shift and start hitting the M until My Computer is highlighted
Alt + Enter This equals right click
Right arrow to Device Manager Any yellow marks??
Tab Tab
arrow down to Mouse
Right arrow to expand
Arrow down to highlight your mouse (there should only be one)
Tab once This should highlight Properties
Enter
In the middle of the screen you should get a message that the mouse is or isn't working Exists in all profiles should be checked
Tab to highlight the Cancel button
Enter Closes Properties window
Tab once This should hightlight Refresh
Enter
Tab Tab Tab Should highlight OK
Enter

Does the mouse work?

To reboot

Ctrl + Esc
arrow up
Enter
Arrow to Shutdown
Enter

Power up and see if mouse works

Let us know if that works

arty62

Thanks Nitehawk...got to copy that...have mouse now, must uninstall old before new will install...however, since my mouse is now using Loghitec drivers, am afraid to delete and have no mouse again...need advice bad!!!

You say the new mouse is USB only. Turn off your machine plug in the new mouse without uninstalling or installing anything. Turn on your machine and see which critter winders (no Typo im from the south) finds, it Winders is true to form it will find your ps2 mouse and a install new hardware box should open, install your drivers, you should be guided to a restart do a shutdown instead, after your shutdown unplug your ps2 then restart. After restart you should have your USB mouse then install any fancy software that comes with it, make sure you have the newest drivers for the unit.

Quick one:

Look in your BIOS to see if USB mouse/keyboard support needs to be enabled

arty62

Thanks to all for trying to help....gave up on microsoft, traded for logitech....now mouse works BUT I cannot get the logitech screen to display....any suggestions?....wont load newer drivers either....I'm lost....

arty62

Mark problem SOLVED111Wish I knew how....best guess is that drivers downloaded from logitech were accepted even though CD with mouse was not...thanks to all who were brave enough to try to help!!....rt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online