Big Problem Playing files on cds using Windows Media Player 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TripleH2k3

My uncle got DSL a couple of months ago and I've downloaded several large and small video clips and saved them to cd-rw's so that I could bring them home and put them on my computer, but I've encountered a problem when I try to view some of the clips. Some clips say ANOBOLIC when I try to open them and they won't play on either my laptop or my desktop pc, but I can open and view them fine on my uncle's computer. What do I need to download to fix this problem?

The other problem that I am having is that I saved some video clips that range from 15 to 30 minutes, and when I put the cd in either my laptop or desktop pc a couple of the clips say that they are 1 or 2 minutes when they are really 15 to 30 minute clips. I try to play them and they play for 1 or 2 minutes pause at the end and then move to the next clip, and when I fast forward the clip I am able to see some more of what wasn't shown in the first 1 or 2 minutes but it won't finish playing the whole clip. Again, I am able to view all of the clips perfectly on my uncle's computer.

At first I thought that the problem was with the cd-rw's, but since they work fine on my uncle's computer I have to believe that it is a problem with the media player. I've tried playing them with Realplayer and a couple other media players, but I keep having the same problem. I think that the Windows Media Player needs something downloaded, but I don't no what to download. Both my laptop and destop run on Windows XP Service pack 2 and they both have Windows Media Player 10.

Someone please tell me what to do to fix these problems.
Thanks

Couriant

James
If it doesn;t work in any media player, it's not Windows Media Player causing the problem.

what type of clips are they and where did you get them from (website). It may be a copy protection problem.

TripleH2k3

I downloaded some wrestling matches, a couple of horror scenes from a couple of different movies, and some adult video clips and full movies. I burned them to cd-rw's and I can't view the ANOBOLIC labeled clips or view the full length movies on either of my computers using any media player, but I can view all of the clips on the cd fine on my uncles computer using Windows Media Player 10. Some of these clips when I try to open them in Media Player said at the bottom that it needed to download a codec. I've checked out wmplugins.com and found plenty of stuff to download, but I don't know what I need to download to fix this problem. Please Help.
Thanks

Couriant

James
How did you download them? Via a service or P2P program or from a website?

The only thing, other than links to steriods, that I found was from an adult site. Which makes me wonder if you have inadvertanly installed dialers etc... on you machine...

TripleH2k3

I downloaded them using LimeWire Pro. I did a virus scan on everything that I download and burned, and no viruses were found. Everything works fine on my uncles computer that I downloaded them from, why can I view them fine on his computer and not on either of mine????

Couriant

James
just read your title, have you tried copying the files from your CD to your hdd?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I believe LimeWire is a P2P program. Per our forum rules, we cannot assist.

Closing thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online