1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

big problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kevnkath, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevnkath

kevnkath Thread Starter

any one out there that can help me with this one when i try to connect to internet i cannot get my default isp which is msn in the adress bar i get the wording ABOUT BLANK and if i type for example YAHOO as a web adress i get a load of pop ups regarding spyware and asking me if i want to purchase any of the asked items this is very frustrating can any one help please

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

You may have an infection.

Create a permanent folder in "My Documents" and download this program to it - Hijack This: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

Once installed, close out any open web browsers
    Launch the program
    Hit "Do a system scan only"
    Then hit "Save Log"
    Open the log file you just saved
    Copy and paste the log into this thread

Do not fix anything yet
    Someone will analyze it for you and give you further instructions

3. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331604

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice