1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Big problom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kyosai, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kyosai

Kyosai Thread Starter

Ok, here is the problom I have. For some reason when I play a game or anything I get about 20 - 30 frames, and I started getting pissed off because I got a gefore4 mx 440 and before that I had a mx 420 on both video cards I had same 20 - 30 frames. So I'm trying to fix problom and today I go into system information and it says that right now im runnign on the video card trident video accelerator blade 3d/promedia . I scroll down some and there is my g4 mx440 but for everything like driver version and stuff says not available. so i got to a site and take a computer test and there to says im running one the video accelerator. I can't find out why im running on this, I don't know how to uninstall it and I need alot of help trying to get this working. Thanks

2. dzones

dzones

sounds like you have an onboard video card that your system. is this the case?
    either way you should uninstall both and install the detonator drivers for your geforce mx card.
    essentially the only real difference between the 420 and 440 is the nunmber. performance wise you will not see anything different at all.
    These are condsidered entry level gaming cards and really if you want a gaming card with good frame rates you need to move at least up to the titanium series. great deals availabel on them now with the fx's out.

3. Kyosai

Kyosai Thread Starter

Yeah but I can't figure out how to uninstall it. Do I have to do it manuelly and go to each file and delete it? Really my frames should be higher than 20 - 30. I have never used the 420 or 440 and im getting frustrated trying to uninstall this trident stuff. Help :confused:

4. RSM123

RSM123

First check in Bios and make sure Onboard VGA is disabled. Boot pc and hold down the delete key (on my keyboard its the del key next to the 'end' key.)

Though I don't know what motherboard you have - on the main Bios screen look for 'Integrated Peripherals' and then in that section for Onboard VGA.

It wil either have Enabled / Disabled if so click the latter. Or

If it says Onboard VGA / AGP again select the latter.

Press Escape to return to the main menu and select :

Save & Exit Setup .... Yes.

Your pc should now boot into Windows.

If your graphics card drivers are not correctly installed go to Device Manager - expand the section for Graphics and right click to delete the entry for the graphics card.

Restart the pc and your graphics card should then be detected as new hardware and the hardware wizard should guide you through installing the correct drivers.

Before doing any of the above make sure you have the correct drivers available on a CD - If you haven't then you can get the latest drivers here :

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=drivers

Any further questions please post back here in this thread.

5. Kyosai

Kyosai Thread Starter

Well, I did everything you said, I went into BIOS but for some reason I couldn't find onboard VGA, it wasn't there. There was some other Onboard things but none of them were VGA. When I came back to desktop and went into device manager i think it was and I saw the trident card along with the 440. When I right clicked on the trident card I hit uninstall and it went away. Then when I restart my computer it comes back with Found new hardware. I need help trying to find the onboard vga or something now. :(

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You may have luck in disabling it via device manager. Place a check mark in the box to disable in this hardware profile.

7. Kyosai

Kyosai Thread Starter

eh? I don't get what your saying. Here I got a screenshot of what my system info is.

Attached Files:

8. ~Candy~

Can you post your IRQ listing? Something looks strange there.

Start, run, msinfo32 then ok....go to hardware, IRQs, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

The area I was speaking of should be in system/device manager. It looks like you may be running XP?

9. Kyosai

Kyosai Thread Starter

IRQ 0 System timer OK
    IRQ 1 PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key) OK
    IRQ 3 Communications Port (COM2) OK
    IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK
    IRQ 5 NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X OK
    IRQ 6 Standard floppy disk controller OK
    IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
    IRQ 9 VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM) OK
    IRQ 9 PCI Simple Communications Controller OK
    IRQ 10 NETGEAR Phoneline10X PCI Card OK
    IRQ 11 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller OK
    IRQ 12 Microsoft PS/2 Mouse OK
    IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
    IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
    IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK

There ya go. Yes I am running windows xp pro

10. Kyosai

Kyosai Thread Starter

Oh yeah can someone add me to there list on aim. It would be alot easier than coming on forums every second.

My sn is Syntax323

11. Kyosai

Kyosai Thread Starter

So does anyone have any suggestions?

12. ~Candy~

Hold tight, we're not live tech support here....and we prefer to keep it in the threads so others can have the benefit of future searches ;)

13. ~Candy~

IRQ 5 NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X OK

This is the video card that is being assigned the IRQ......none other is appearing.....so I'm not sure what the problem is or isn't?????

14. Kyosai

Kyosai Thread Starter

the problom is, i'm not running on my geforce 4 mx 440 im running on that trident accelerator pro

15. Kyosai

Kyosai Thread Starter

Ok so does anyone have any or idea or am I screwed? :confused:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice