Big Windows Live Messenger Problem - Please Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PennyFarthing

Every time I try to log into Windows Live Messenger, the program crashes as soon as I click the 'sign in' button. It come up with the 'Windows live messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close' thing. I have tried re-installing it and running virus scans in safe mode and using system restore points, and all times the program would work until the computer was switched off and turned on again. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks.

*EDIT*
It also seems that when I try to log into something on the internet with the 'Sign in automatically' box ticked, Internet Explorer also crashes with the same error message (when signing into hotmail.com for instance). Perhaps this will shed some light on the matter. I believe all this may be because of a file I downloaded that was posing as something else; yes I know, how careless of me.

You could try disabling your security programs in case a setting has been change in one of them.
I am assuming that live messenger worked at some previous time?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online