bigfix question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gudda96

On top of page in Bigfix there is an update headed MDAC2 .8 and I dont know if I need it or not, any advice please.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Most people don't need MDAC, so don't worry about installing the 2.8 update. BIGFIX brought up the update because your computer has a previous version installed.

BIGFIX hasn't been updated in a long time(the last version was 1.7.6.0), so I question how functional it is. I had it for awhile, but I finally got rid of it.

Besides using the Windows updates site to download updates from, you might also give this site a look at. The newest updates are added to the bottom of the list.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

gudda96

Hi Flaveelee

So I wont bother downloading MAC but will it remain there?
and you think Windows update is good enough?

Must admit, I think you end up with too many progs.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Most of the updates that appear under "Critical Updates" are security-related, so you want to install them. "Recommended Updates" and any others are pretty much a user's choice.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips
(Also a XP user)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online