1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bill Of Rights Game

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Big-K, Jan 27, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. Big-K

Big-K Thread Starter

I'm working on a board game for 8-11 year olds based on the bill of rights right now(for a class). Sofar this is my computer drawn rough idea. Every time you land on a red dot you pick up a 'Rights' card. If you get the question right, you gain the amendment right on the card. If you land on a green square you pick up a 'Gamble' card. On it is an amount of spaces your piece is to move forward/backward on the board. Landing on the 'Judge' square lands you in the 'Courthouse', which you must roll a certain amount to get out of. You go around as many times as needed until you get all of the rights. Each right card has a few questions, you choose which one(by number). It uses dice to determine how far you move forward. I might add some sort of score system, but only after I finish the details. This is still in rough form, as I only started tonight(recieved assingment today). The real board would definately have more squares.

First player to get all ten amendments becomes a citizen.

Attached Files:

2. marcus77

marcus77

What exactly does the "Amendment Right" for the 'Rights' card mean?

3. Big-K

Big-K Thread Starter

Each of the first ten amendments in the constitution(U.S.)

4. winbob

winbob

George Carlin evidently said, "I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State...."

This wrong interpretation (or rather misquote) of the Constitution is why we have Jackasses suing to have everything related to G-d removed from public view.

The Constitution says (not a quote) that 'the Government shall not Establish a Religion.'

That is a far cry different than having the Government acknowledge the possibility that a supreme being exists, or that religion exists.

"In God We Trust" ...........All others pay cash! :D

5. Big-K

Big-K Thread Starter

The point of this thread was to get input on the game, not to argue over whether or not seperation of church and state exists.

6. coderitr

coderitr

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or abridging the free exercise thereof."

7. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

Come on guys! Read his thread, not his sig! It's about the board Game K is making! If you are going to reply please reply about that!

K, I think its off to a great start. Have you thought about adding something in there about the power of Veto on a bill? I see you got just about every branch of Gov in there with the exception of the Executive. It would be interesting to add that asspect to the game.

And about scoreing: How about whoever 'passes' the most ammendments wins?

8. coderitr

coderitr

I think it's a great idea to teach kids about the Constitution. The questions on the rights card are varying degrees of difficulty? Is answering a more difficult question more rewarding? Perhaps one's opponent(s) could choose the difficulty of question?

9. Big-K

Big-K Thread Starter

By varying questions, I meant the person chooses maybe letter b and they get the question that corresponds to it. You wouldn't have the choice of the difficulty, you just choose the question(at random). They would probably relate to the amendment they go with.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice