1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bin Laden's Newest Tape

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by angelize56, Feb 11, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

Can't the monster just be dead! Take care. angel

MSNBC Breaking News
    ------------------------------------------------------
    The al-Jazeera Arab satellite station broadcasts a new audio statement from Osama bin Laden in which he expresses solidarity with the Iraqi people and urges Muslims to fight America and repel any attack on Iraq.

2. columbo

columbo

Interesting....but is anyone suprised? Quite damaging to the citizens of Iraq (guilt by association):(

I sure wouldn't want him in my corner.

3. angelize56

Here is an update on what is on the tape. angel

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates Feb. 11 —
    An audio tape purported to carry the voice of Osama bin Laden called on Iraqis to carry out suicide attacks against Americans and defend themselves against a U.S. attack.

The tape was broadcast on the Al-Jazeera Arab satellite station on Tuesday, the first day of the Muslim holiday Eid al-Adha. The speaker also urged Iraqis to dig trenches and engage in urban warfare to fend off U.S. troops.

"We stress the importance of martyrdom operations against the enemy, these attacks that have scared Americans and Israelis like never before," the speaker said, using a term often used by militants for suicide attacks.

Before the broacast, Secretary of State Colin Powell told a Senate panel Tuesday that he had read a transcript of the statement and that it shows why the world needs to be concerned about Iraqi ties to terrorism.

Powell said that on the tape, "bin Laden or who we believe to be bin Laden" ... "once again speaks to the people of Iraq and talks about their struggle and how he is in partnership with Iraq."

Washington insists that Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein is linked to bin Laden's al-Qaida network and cites that as one reason to launch military action against Iraq.

The speaker on the 16-minute audiotape, purported to be bin Laden, said the United States was waging a psychological war against Iraq and said Iraqis should expect massive bombardment from the air.

He urged the Iraqis to stay strong against a U.S. attack and blunt the force of a U.S. aerial assault by "digging large numbers of trenches and camouflaging them."

He described al-Qaida fighters in Afghanistan withstanding heavy U.S. bombardment by hiding in trenches.

"With all the might of the enemy, they were unable to defeat us and take over that position. ... We hope that our brothers in Iraq will do the same as we did."

"We advise about the importance of drawing the enemy into long, close and tiring fighting taking advantage of camouflaged positions in plains, farms, mountains and cities," he said. He added that the enemy is terrified about urban warfare "because they will have big casualties."

The last Bin Laden tape aired on Nov. 12 on Al-Jazeera. Bin Laden, in the statement, promised new terrorist attacks.

Bin Laden urged Muslims not to cooperate with the United States against Iraq, criticizing Arab governments who support the U.S. in its efforts to rid Iraq of its alleged weapons of mass destruction.

"Anyone who helps America, from the Iraqi hypocrites (opposition) or Arab rulers ... whoever fights with them or offers them bases or administrative assistance, or any kind of support or help, even if only with words, to kill Muslims in Iraq, should know that he is an apostate."

Yasser Thabet, a broadcast editor at al-Jazeera, said the tape appears to be authentic because the television station got it through the same means as previous bin Laden statements. He did not elaborate.

"When you listen to the tape, you can tell it's Osama bin Laden's voice," Thabet said.

4. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

I'm not convinced that it is him.
    If it really IS him, then he sure is helping us link him to Iraq.

I don't think it is him. I still think he's worm food.:rolleyes:

5. angelize56

I'm not convinced he was ever really a human being....

6. angelize56

I've heard he might use his audio and video tapes as signals for the next attack on the US. Sure hope not! Scum of the earth!

LAN: I doubt even worms want to eat his rotting body! :eek:

angel

7. Cédric

Cédric

Funny how the Americans were fast to conclude this tape was a real Bin Laden tape and not a fake! Even funnier when you remember it took them days and days for the previous tapes, claiming there might be secret messages on them! How clever it is! Who believes in this except morons? They need evidence to invade a country so they dash to anything they find. Pathetic. Does the Americans even know why Iraq will be invaded? I mean, apart from bloody oil they desperately need. Is is because of the same humanistic feeling they got when they impose an embargo on others countries (Chili, Cuba, etc...etc...) or impose their bright and sophisticated culture? Do the American know what most of people think of them? Well, I'm gonna tell you: They just think they are illerate monkeys, mentally deficient people whose only purpose is to invade the whole world with crappy "culture" (if one may call this culture). If the Americans really cared about people, they would not invade Iraq, they would ,ot make people suffer all over the world.
    Open your eyes: noboby, absolutelu nobody likes you. About 80% of European population is against a conflict in Iraq. Who cares about being behing Bush except for Tony Blair? Absolutely nobody. What do you think people do in these countries whose government supports the US? They don't agree with their governments but they got no choice. How can the Americans still talk about democracy when they don't respect it themselves?

8. columbo

columbo

France--
    Rolling countrysides,
    Sprawling Vineyards,
    Quaint Cafes...
    France--
    Home to the world's greatest painters,
    Chefs,
    And Anti-Semites.
    The French--
    Cowardly, yet opinionated,
    Arrogant, yet foul-smelling,
    Anti-Israel, Anti-American,
    And of course, as always, jew-hating.
    Paris--
    The City of Whores,
    Dog feces on every corner,
    And effete men yelling antisemitic remarks at children.
    The real creme-de-la-creme of world culture.
    With all that's going on in the world,
    Isn't it about time we got back to hating The French?

From "SNL"

:D I take it the "French" thread ticked you off a little Cedric?

9. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

Ya know ... I just hate it when the people of America, are clumped into a pile and then painted with the same brush. :rolleyes:

10. Cédric

Cédric

My dear sad American git: I agree with all this apart from the anti-Semite stuff. The French are not anti-Semite at all. Would you say all the Americans hate the Arabs? Or the Blacks…or the Indians…see, easy to find stereotypes.

11. $teve

$teve

now now,lets get back into our prams people.
    to debate the subject or any subject for that matter is good and to disgree is a fundamental right of us all but please can we refrain from insults.......... the insulting stage is reached when no more constructive dialogue can be forthcoming.
    we can insult blair/bush/sherac...et al, but try to keep your pants zipped:p

xxx`s to all;)

12. valley

valley

Would you say that everybody is anti-American?

oops..nevermind..I guess I already got my answer. ;)

13. $teve

$teve

i like you val.......and thats a start anyway.:)
    good signature cedric:rolleyes:

14. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

Thanks for watchin' my back Val 'n $teve... :)

15. ComputerFix

ComputerFix

I beleive in the CIA analysis of the tape, and I don't beleive that it is a link between Al Queda and Hussain.

Amazing how quickly one buys into the rhetoric. I posted statistics on Iraq's oil exports, and the US imports, based on the OPEC report. If it was for "oil we desperatley need", then we would be going to South America, not the Middle East.

Huh?

We are all to aware, and it is words like that that re-enforce the feeling that your country, in particular, is playing willful blindness to the facts. Ironically enough, our "culture" is nothing more than bits and pieces from around the world.

As an American, I have no problems with Arab culture. As a matter of fact, it can be found in most any major city in this country. Food is strange, but hey, you guys eat "slugs in a shell", so I guess we all have that going for us.

What I do not support is genocide, and that is what Hussain commits. You can stick your head in the sand if you want, but I won't.

We have recently seen the European commitment to combatting terrorists. 15 years for helping to commit thousands of deaths. I thought our justice system was faulty! Way to send the message :rolleyes:

Being behind Bush and beleiving that Hussain does not belong in the position of power he has are two different things. You need to learn to seperate the action from the person.

There is always a choice, unless you are implying that the European people's sense of morality is for sale.

Exactly what democracy are we not respecting?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice