1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Binding of MAC & IP address

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mosy_gui, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mosy_gui

mosy_gui Thread Starter

Hi

I have client-server network in my office. I am not able to connect to the internet if the office LAN is enabled because my ISP has binded my server MAC to the IP address assigned to me.

What do I do to connect from the system on my LAN via the main server :confused: .

2. angel

angel

Two things:
    One, you can call your ISP and have them either change it to what you want it to be or I think they can just reset it on their end so the next MAC address that connects will be registered.
    Two, assuming you are using a router, most allow you to spoof the MAC address that your ISP sees to be one of your internal NICs for this exact reason.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice