1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bing not working ideally on Win 10 computer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wolfworx, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

I use two computers.
    One runs Firefox 60.0.2 (32 bit) under Windows 7 and the other runs Firefox 60.0.2 (64bit) under Windows 10.

Both are set to display Bing as my opening page.

Bing behaves in an optimal way on the Win 7 computer:
    Clicking on the news item icons at the bottom of the screen takes me directly to the specified subject. Weekly quiz takes me directly to the quiz. "on this date in history" takes me directly to that page.

Bing does not behave in the same way on the Win 10 computer.
    Clicking on the news item icons takes me to a page of selections with a variety of subject matter that is not exactly what the news item specifies and I have trouble wading through the choices to find the specified, and desired material. Weekly Quiz, "on this date in history" and other specified material is hard to find.

I no longer work with Bing on the Win 10 computer it just does not work properly.

Has anyone else discovered this problem?

2. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

Strange, isn't it that Bing works differently under Win 10? Does Win 10 implement an unwanted/unneeded security feature that just makes links to desired internet pages less than direct, unlike Bing under Win 7? I must try Bing under another browser to see iof there is a difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice