Bing Searches Problem (Windows 10)

dougglos

Douglas
I have started to use Bing for my website searches, and have placed a shortcut (https://www.bing.com/) on my desktop for that purpose. However, when I click on it the screen that comes up differs virtually each time, although they still show the same URL, as above. To explain, I will endeavour to show the two different screenshots on this post. Any help would be appreciated.

1603726268845.png

1603726091973.png

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It appears that you are not logged in, as the lower image has a "Sign in" link in the upper right,

dougglos

Douglas
Duly signed in as you suggested - no difference - still showing the two "versions".

dougglos

Douglas
DaveA - Probably doesn't help, but I have just clicked on my (https://www.bing.com/) desktop shortcut ten times, and the two versions each loaded five times!!

dougglos

Douglas
DaveA - Following on my post #4, I kept trying to bring up the lower of the two images shown earlier, (as that allows me to look at the various newspaper items shown, etc.) and was having no luck, until I also tried clicking on the "plus sign" at the very top of the screen, which indicated "New Tab". And now, each time I repeat that, the required newspaper items, etc., appear, exactly as in my lower screenshot! I have done this multiple times with total success. It was a pure chance that I discovered this, but at least it now gives me the "lost" information I had previously. I realise that it means an extra step each time I click "Search" shortcut on my desktop but hopefully this will remain constant so that I have the required news items when required. Your thoughts would be appreciated if you have time.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What is set as your home page, using this icon?

What browser are you using?

dougglos

Douglas
I suddenly remembered that I had carried out a System Restore exercise a few days ago, (something I rarely do) so ran it again to see if there would be any difference to my situation. And so far that seems to have done the trick, as none of the problems I was experiencing recently have been raised again. I will obviously keep an eye on things, and will not be marking this thread as "Solved" in the meantime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online