1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bing searches problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dougglos, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I have been using Bing when I want to search for items on the internet, for some time now. All of a sudden, if I type something which I want to search for, the letters do not complete in the search box. As an example, if I want to type "Cats and Dogs", it appears as "Cats nd ogs" which is obviously no use to me! I thought it might be a problem with my keyboard, but as you can see from this post, it comes up correctly here, and in any other place I type something. I have also tried a search using Google, with no problems. I have no idea why this should suddenly raise itself and would welcome any suggestions as to correcting it. I do prefer Bing and hopefully I can get it back again. Thanks.

2. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
  3. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I am using Firefox with Windows 10, and I have tried your suggested internet cache clearing, but that had no effect. I then tried the Win/R/iexplore as a test. When I went to Bing and entered a search item, that was successful, but after trying Bing again it still did not complete the words. I will now follow your suggestion re resetting my browser and keep you posted later.

4. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Have now reset my browser and achieved the desired result! Now able to type in relevant search details and am directed straight to them. Many thanks for your suggestions!

5. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    One more thing...
    I Always recommend cleaning up crappy adware that I find on 90% of the PC's that I touch with a program called ADWcleaner. It does a fast scan and cleans up stuff that antivirus programs don't look for. ADWcleaner was purchased by Malware bytes a few years ago. That should give you an idea of how effective it is. When I encounter a PC that is acting up, the first thing I do is run an ADWcleaner scan (It does not do realtime protection), so it does not run in the background when you are not using it. If it finds anything it will ask to reboot you computer right away (most of the time). If it does do that then I recommend scanning with Malwarebytes Anti Malware (MBAM).

6. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Thanks for that - it will be my next job!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232630

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice