BIOS adjusting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sharker

I have recently discovered about improving the pefrormance of a computer by adjusting the BIOS. However when I rebooted and got into tne BIOS by pressing del I found that apart from disks and things, I couldn't really adjust anything.

I heard that shift F1 might bring up the right menu but it did nothing.

Any idea how to make adjustents? (I've never done it before.)

Do you know where can I download a free benchmark test program?

Sharker

Hi Whitestar.

My computer is about 1 and a bit years old. It's a P3 1Ghz 256Mb

I'm not sure what motherbord it has.

Yeah. It depends mainly on ur mobo and bios wether u can increase performance by changing settings in the bios.

Sharker,

If you download AIDA32 from the site above it will give you a full profile of all the hardware and software (incl. drivers) currently installed in your pc.

Once you have it - click the desktop shortcut - then in the program click the 'system icon' - then click 'summary'.

Sometimes certain cmos's (I am always technically correct with this bios vs cmos terminology, lol) have a special hotkey that will bring up an advanced cmos menu after you have entered the basic settings menung up your advanced menu. Usually shift+ctrl or mething or other. I have seen several boot screens that don't even tell you that it exists.

Sharker

((Yes my systems working properly, I just wanted to optimise it!))

Ok then, I downloaded aida32 and have been trying to work out what it all means. I have discovered the following but don't know what to do with it!

CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE, 1000 MHz (7.5 x 133)
Motherboard Name Intel Easton 2 D815EEA2 (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Solano i815E
System Memory 256 MB (PC133 SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (05/09/01)

BIOS Properties:
Vendor Intel Corp.
Version EA81520A.86A.0019.P12.0105091420
Release Date 05/09/2001
Size 512 KB
Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
Capabilities Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
Supported Standards DMI, APM, ACPI, ESCD, PnP
Expansion Capabilities PCI, AGP, USB

Motherboard Properties:
Manufacturer Intel Corporation
Product D815EEA2
Version AAA45156-206
Serial Number ABEA12107255

I have looked at http://www.pcpitstop.com/ it looks good but unfortunately I can only connect to the net through a little XDA pocket PC. So I can't really use the site.

As to looking for a hidden screen in the BIOS, I tried SHIFT-F1 and CTRL-SHIFT by to no avail. It may be that I just can't adjust the things I want to, as Whitestar has said. Do you think thats right?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Your bios is saving you from yourself. Some older bios setups just don't have too many adjustments ;)

If it's not broken.............don't fix it til it is ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online