1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BIOS and Hard drive locked

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fagin, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fagin

Fagin Guest Thread Starter

Hi, i am not sure if this is the right section or not, if its not, please forgive my ignorance.

Does anyone please know if there is a way of by passing a, password locked BIOS and Hard drive?

I bought this computer about two years ago from PC World, i have just decided to reformat the hard drive and install ubuntu, but the computer wont allow it, a pass word is needed to access the hard drive and also the BIOS, PC World, will not give me the password, they say that i have to take it back to them, to do it, but they will charge me for it.

As i see this, it is nothing short of extortion, i will not pay them on principal, even if i have to buy another computer, but if i can get around this problem i would be well pleased. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    I'm sorry, but we cannot help with password questions of any nature because it is so difficult to tell who is legit from who wants to break in illegally. Equally to the point this is a public forum so the person who wants to break in could get the answer given to the legit asker.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Please see the TSG Rules.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/956442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice