Bios and the power button

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rasnarak

Tl;dr my pc got bricked during a windows 10 update.

MoBo has no ports for monitors (x99a plus) and the gpu (despite running) is not sending pictures to my screen.

This means I cannot tell where in the boot up sequence I am.

My question: If it had failed to load into or out of the bios and I hit the power button, it would instantly power down correct?

If that is true, would my logic of thinking that since it doesn't instantly power off (hitting the power button does not trigger a shut down at all) that means the pc is doing something within windows correct?

Yes if you are just in the Bios it should shut down immediately.It probably means your video drivers got borked during the update. You can try to get into safe mode but win 10 makes that very hard now. This is supposed to be a way :"
  • Hold the power button to shut down and repeat this over 3 times until you see the Recovery screen.
  • Click the buttons See advanced repair options > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Windows Startup Settings > Restart."

Rasnarak

Yes if you are just in the Bios it should shut down immediately.It probably means your video drivers got borked during the update. You can try to get into safe mode but win 10 makes that very hard now. This is supposed to be a way :"
  • Hold the power button to shut down and repeat this over 3 times until you see the Recovery screen.
  • Click the buttons See advanced repair options > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Windows Startup Settings > Restart."
Yeah I was looking at that but i don't even see bios on my screen so even if I got there, I couldn't see it.

Try reseating your GPU. Do you have a spare GPU you can try? Is it a MSI X99A SLI Plus?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts