1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bios Boot Crashed Laptop?!?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Zelda90Knightess, Dec 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zelda90Knightess

Zelda90Knightess Thread Starter

Around 4am of December 27th my laptop that is connected to our internet provider via wifi, disconnected completely--I spent 2 hours troubleshooting before going to this website: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001575.htm

Prior to following their steps I had already unplugged, turned off, taken out the battery, system restore, and shut down the laptop for lengthy periods of time in the hopes this would prompt a reaction. I checked the drivers in my device manager with nothing showing up corrupted. When I had tried to look up my internet information in the laptop nothing was there as if id never been connected. So when I followed all these steps on the link the Bios reset was the last resort. I followed everything to the letter and upon restart I got a flash of blue screen of death before loading the bios system repair page. I am unable to get further then the Bios reset as the laptop just restarts and shuts off after going through available steps.

My friend had tried to help me with my wifi connection problems by having me download and install Malwarbytes and this program: https://www.drivereasy.com/ due to the fact the two computers I've had were used and came with Wi-Fi problems that would progressively get worse.

I had wondered if it had to do with the wiring in my apartment being bad and if I needed to use an Ethernet cable which my friend was mailing me.

Then my friend told me yesterday to take the hard drives out of my laptops and swap them, which after half a day in grueling over the task I took the laptops apart only to find the hard drives are not compatible and I don't know if I can put them back together properly.

He had bought me this used laptop cheap and I figured itd come with issues but not all this, is there anything I can do? If I took the laptop to a shop will they put it together and fix it or am I better off getting a new laptop?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  2. Zelda90Knightess

Zelda90Knightess Thread Starter

No one has any suggestions, guides, comments at all? I mean I could try to put my laptops back together, but some of the screws I noticed were stripped so I was hesitant in trying.

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I would advise you to take this to service center and see if they can put back together and get it running.

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you tried disconnecting your wifi modem for at least 30 seconds and reconnect it back.
    Do you have an extra hdd so you can reprogram your computer to see if it may work. You might be needing some of the drivers for your computer. If you succeed then you might have had a corrupted drive. If not then you can swap the hdd you had before.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice