1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bios Boot Sequence help needed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by garyginaz, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyginaz

garyginaz Thread Starter

I have an old pc that is trying to boot off the floppy. I need to know what in the 1st boot device sequence I need to set it to boot off the harddrive. Thanks in Advance, Gary

2. spudmister

spudmister

what system make is it..there are different methods for getting into the bios to change the boot order depending on the system make

3. cmw2010

cmw2010

If there is no floppy disc in the drive, it should boot to the hard drive. If the boot order has not been changed in the BIOS then either there is a disc in the floppy drive or your hard drive has no OS on it or the drive is bad and cannot boot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice