BIOS boot-up problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hollerg

I was putting in a second hard drive and was rebooting frequently. I may have rebooted and scrambled the bios. How does one know that it is salvageable or that the chip &/or card needs to be replaced?
The POST sequence does not appear to be reached. The fan comes on, the hardrive spins up, but there is no signal to the video, no check of the A drive for boot up, and no beep from the POST sequence. The computer light just steadily winks.

I have tried removing the jumper and power, but as I read it the only thing that is unpowerred on the AWARD 4.5 bios, biostar board M6TBA ver 1.2, is the pass word. To get a total reset do I pull the battery for 10-20 min?

disconnect everything except vid card, processor, memory, and floppy drive and see if it will boot.

Could be you have the hard drive cable or floppy cable on backwards.

If you remove everything and it still won't boot, pull the cmos battery out for awhile and then put it back in. That should reset the cmos to defaults, you will have to reset hard drives, etc if it boots after that

Thats the exact same problem I'm having, I've tried all your suggestions but it still won't work. I'm getting really frutstrated, because I payed 200 dollars for the new motherboard and processor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online