1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bios cant find all my memory cpu z can.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vlox, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vlox

vlox Thread Starter

So i have this weird issue where after a windows update. I dont know if its the cause or not but i dont nothing to my bios and it only see 16gb ram. I have 4x 1333mhz and 2x 1600mhz they are the same type.
    This used to work before. This is what cpu z shows:
    Size
    24576 MB
    Type
    DDR3-1324 - Triple Channel
    Frequency
    662.2 MHz (2:10)
    Timings
    9-9-9-24
    Slot #1 Module
    Corsair - 4096 MB (10700)
    Slot #2 Module
    Slot #3 Module
    Slot #4 Module
    Slot #5 Module
    Slot #6 Module

Nvidia detects 6gbit ram speed which means all are detected. it also shows
    Direct3D API version: 11
    Direct3D Function: 11_0
    Data Rate Memory: 6008 MHz
    Memory Interface: 384-bit (s) s
    Bandwidth Memory: 288.38 GB / s
    Total Available Graphics Memory: 11003 MB
    Dedicated Video Memory: 3072 MB GDDR5
    System video memory: 0 MB
    Shared system memory: 7931 MB

8gb shared system memory, 11gb vram thats wrong i have 3gb vram.

Whats wrong? i have the newest version of bios i tried another version too.
    I know the speed is not the same but it had worked before and i dont want to pay 300$ for another 2 ramsticks when its not needed. Their both Corsair CMX8GX3M2)

I did increase the ram voltage to 1.20625 Didnt help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Might be useful to post your exact motherboard model and processor.

3. vlox

vlox Thread Starter

The motherboard is Asus p6t se, Processor Intel core i7 930 quad core. I have checked for bent pins on the processor everything is ok. I tried to shuffle ram sticks around which did help i got up to 20 gb. Sandra Lite shows it cannot detect any ram in Bank 2. The memory in bank 2 is properly inserted i have cleaned dust there as well. I use the newest version of bios. I also find all my ram in speccy this is what speccy says about bank 2 Type DDR3 Size 4096 MBytes Manufacturer Corsair Max Bandwidth PC3-10700H (667 MHz) Part Number CMX8GX3M2B1600C9 SPD Ext. XMP Everything seem to be fine but its not. My bios and windows still cant see it. Is still an improvement 16 to 20 but its not enough because i have 24 installed which my motherboard is compatible with.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Have you tried clearing the CMOS with the jumper?

If you only install one stick in Bank 2 does it work?

5. vlox

vlox Thread Starter

You cant do that if you put only 1 stick it has to be in slot 1 or A1. Yes have tried to clear cmos. I changed the memory in b1(bank 2) to c1 windows find it and still not the one in b1 Do you know any program i can use to check bus slots for errors? See if there is any response from bank 2 at all ? Its clean for dust and properly inserted. My motherboard does not allow to start with only 1 in that slot. Speccy and cpu z finds it. Nvidia control panel take the speed from bank 2 in consideration. But since the bios cant detect it i dont know if its what its suppose to do or if its actually working.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Many systems will accept memory into any slot and it's a commonly used troubleshooting step. With that CPU you are right that you can't use just B1, however you can use just A1 and B1.

Just to clarify, you have tried using just two sticks of the 1333Mhz RAM in A1 and B1 and just two sticks of the 1600Mhz RAM A1 and B1 correct? And the RAM in B1 is not detected with either pair correct?

There are no programs that I know of that will test a bus or memory controller, at least not without testing the RAM on it which isn't exactly accurate. If you had access to another first generation Core i series processor you could swap it in as a test.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice