Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIOS checksun error Award Boot Block BIOS

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jazz3000 
#1 ·
I tried to booting the computer and received the Award Boot Block Bios and BIOS checksun error. It detects the cdrom but I don’t have the CD. Where can I get the cd, like where to download it.

HP Media Center
Windows XP SP2
Motherboard: ASUS P5LP-LE (LimeStone)
Pentium D
I don't remember the rest.
I found the site for the motherboard. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...cc=us&product=470506&dlc=en&docname=c00379422

Backgorund:
I was having some probelms, which the computer wouldn't start at all and a really loud sound the fan made, so I called my insurance, and they came and change the mother board twice and added a new cooling fan and power supply. All this took two months for waiting for the parts and making an appoinment with the tech.

After replacing the motherboard twice the tech told me I'm gonna order new harddrive, I don't think is the motherboard or the fan. Before leaving he suggested me to call me inusrance and tell them that you want a new computer cause its been more than two months and there has been four calls already. So, I called the insurance and got a new computer and kept the old one.

A week after receiving my new computer I took the old one for repair but at didn't at the end after they told me how much it would cost me to get it fix. Now, I'm deciding to do it myself but, I boot the computer and received something about Award Boot Block Bios. I remember the tech putting a cd to the computer when he tried booting it up. Where can I get a copy of the cd or is there a site to download it from. Before I installing a new harddrive and XP, Vista if i can, i need the cd.

See less See more
#5 ·
I got a windows xp cd SP2 from a friend.

what is the resource cd?

i have two disc the windows and the cd for the HD.

Edit: the windows cd is professional SP2 and my computer is media center i mean it was media center. can i install professional and the buy he media center version and install it later or do i need the media center cd? are professional and media center a different OS?

#6 ·
okay i inserted the windows cd and it passed. now im stuck on a blue screen. it says windows setup on the left top corner and on the bottom pres F6 if you want to install a third parrty SCSI or a RAID driver.... i tried pressing F6 but it doesn't respond the keyboard is not bieng detected but it does on the black screen when i press the enter key.

i was with the tech when he inserted a cd to the driver and it didn't took him to a blue screen it was asking him about the computer model number, series etc.

#7 ·
Sounds like the tech used a password on the Bios and if you don't know that...hmmm

Bios is not accessed by F8 or F10 but rather F1 or F2 and in most instances the Delete button.
Jazz

The Bios is a Hardware thing and not the CD OS. Totally separate. You deal with the Hardware in your Bios, long before any OS is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.