1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bios cmos problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mflipb, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mflipb

Mflipb Thread Starter

Help, computer problem after file recovery(pictures), bios takes longer to load and windows too, when computer is idle cpu and gpu goes to 100%, mouse click 2 times sometimes... I once see a question mark in hex editor in between hex of a hard drive mft then format and it was gone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAA26HSPTL4

Beginning of my master boot record starts at offset 55 on my hard drive it should be on offset 0, every time i test ports in dos debug some of values change. This happened after doing file recovery of some old hard drive.

In every computer i plugged in this hard drive, when i view the picture recovered with file recovery same thing happens. Tried low lvl format, cmos reset, batery out, difernt battery, flash bios. Bios got bricked then i reset cmos (battery out) and dual bios write original bios but still same problem.

Specs of one of the computers:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476832 MB, Free - 93325 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-770TA-UD3
    Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Have you tested the HDD? Use the drive manufacturers disk tools to test the drive. Run the short and long test. If either test fails or has errors, the drive is faulty.

3. Mflipb

Mflipb Thread Starter

No there are no errors, i did it before low lvl format manufacturer software. Not even a bad block or anything... But low lvl format did write 3 x times 0 lol 3 times disk size after first low lvl format. It must be a decoder not sync or - southbridge ide controller or maybe memory controller, maybe i need low lvl programer.

4. Mflipb

Mflipb Thread Starter

I think after dual bios reloaded bios was writen to some diferent locations and is writing wrongly in cmos settings, becouse another pc i have old one cant flash bios, and there canĀ“t save to cmos. All this happen to all pcs when yust viewing the picture.

5. Mflipb

Mflipb Thread Starter

I had a computer tehnician(programmer) 7-8 years ago he looked at input output hard drive, then he sad it was cmos, he disable some flags(interrupt), he filled up memory with 1 dont know which memory exactly dont remember wery much, and he fount a 0 somwhere and change it a function at offset (example a=bc) fill it u again and all was good it took him like 5min. But now 3 computer services telling me they cant find anything wrrong with a pc and i cant find this tehnician annymore.

6. Mflipb

Mflipb Thread Starter

How abt look up tables anyone know how?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice